Hello! I’m Mayank, and I’m delighted to welcome you to my personal space.
Well, when I decided to leave my full-time job and venture into freelance design and development, I had no savings. It took me six months of exploration and client hunting before I secured my first client through Facebook.
From that point onward, I took on every available project, often working for rates that might surprise you, all in the quest of building a robust portfolio. Despite lacking experience with design tools, I initially crafted layouts directly using code.
After a few projects, I realized that my process wasn’t ideal and optimal; it limited my productivity and prolonged the time needed to build a single website. Seeking a more efficient approach, I delved into the world of design processes and tools.
My journey involved learning how to design websites using design tools, project by project. I experimented on real live sites, discovering new techniques along the way.
A Few Realizations…
Through my journey process, a few key realizations emerged:
- Design is Comprehensive: It extends beyond colors, typography, and layouts. Accessibility, SEO, conversion, and user experience are equally critical for creating outstanding designs.
- No Universal Blueprint: There’s no one-size-fits-all design process for all websites. Inventiveness is key, and one must constantly create new rules and techniques tailored to each project.
- Personal Design Rules: It’s essential to develop and establish your own design rules, aligning them with your or your team’s development process.
- It’s Never Too Late: I firmly believe that there’s no expiration date on pursuing your passions and diving into the things you love. Once you commit to it, nothing can hinder your progress.
- Failures Are The Stepping Stones: Each setback, every challenge, and every misstep carries a crucial piece of wisdom and lesson that intricately carves the path toward success.
What is this Personal Space about?
It’s a space where I share the raw moments of my journey, real case scenarios, practical examples, design and development techniques, and secrets that have proven effective in my work process.
The goal is to create insightful and relevant content that not only enhances your professional life but also impacts your personal life positively.
In essence, I believe there’s no such thing as a “perfect website recipe,” and there’s always room for improvement. In this dynamic and ever-changing space, where things evolve rapidly, I continue to experiment and learn new things every day, just like you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I’m excited about the prospect of embarking on this journey together and learning from each other every step of the way.